ProjectPier: A good small project management tool

Wednesday, April 09, 2008


I was facing problems in Project management since long time. During the period we tested some applications and found Basecamp better. We successfully used it in development process of a project but it has it's own limitations as it is not a open-source (means no free) product. Being a trial user I was not able to add more than one client and project with some more can-not-do's. So I was looking for a open-source alternative for Basecamp and recently found ProjectPier a good alternative for Basecamp and ActiveCollab.
ProjectPier is a Free, Open-Source, self-hosted PHP application for managing tasks, projects and teams through an intuitive web interface. ProjectPier will help your organization communicate, collaborate and get things done Its function is similar to commercial groupware/project management products, but allows the freedom and scalability of self-hosting. Even better, it will always be free."
What I liked most that ProjectPier team insures users that the product will remain free in future unlike ActiveCollab which was a opensource project in development phase.

Propagate! These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
Digg.com del.icio.us My Yahoo
Posted by Sandesh Email this!

1 Comments on 'ProjectPier: A good small project management tool':

Sandesh,

I found you on LinkedIn and then went to your blog. I run a marketing consulting practice in a suburb of Toronto, Canada. I currently build websites for my clients using designers and coders based in Canada. I am looking for a reliable, English speaking web coder that does HTML, CSS, AJAX and other web coding in India to reduce my costs.

Could you please let me know if you are interested in talking further?

you can contact me through my email on my website: www.strategycube.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 pm, October 07, 2008  

Post a Comment